If you do not have time to do the Inca trail, we will cater for four days or any other similar hiking tours to Machu Picchu that you may wish to customize. It doesn’t matter if you either lack of time or are on a tight budget, this would be the best option if you are still interested in exploring the Andes and the luscious green landscape around Aguas Calientes. By choosing this package, you will be in no rush, and have plenty of time to visit the hot springs in the village of Aguas Calientes.
Take the opportunity to explore Putucusi Mountain where few people can go for 1 hour to climb from the village, or instead you can go to Mandor flowers garden and the amazing waterfall there. But most important of all, you will be able to get the ticket for Huayna Picchu Mountain or simply just have relaxing time in one of the new seven wonders of the world – Machu Picchu! Remember, this might be just once in a lifetime experience, so you deserve to enjoy it!
Our amazing tour guides will lead you throughout the ancient city, wonder by wonder – special for your own private group! You will learn about ceremonies, how people lived, and how they connected with the Pacha Mama – or “Mother Earth”. Our local guide will give you inside information passed down so that you will get the real story of what happened here.
Machu Picchu is tangible evidence of the urban Inca Empire at the peak of its power and achievement—a citadel of cut stone fit together without mortar so tightly that its cracks still can’t be penetrated by a knife blade. It stands 2,430 m above sea-level, in the middle of a tropical mountain forest, in an extraordinarily beautiful setting. It was probably the most amazing urban creation of the Inca Empire at its height; its giant walls, terraces and ramps seem as if they have been cut naturally in the continuous rock escarpments. The natural setting, on the eastern slopes of the Andes, encompasses the upper Amazon basin with its rich diversity of fauna. It is situated on a mountain ridge above the Sacred Valley which is 80 kilometers (50 mi) northwest of Cuzco and through which the Urubamba River flows.
The complex of palaces and plazas, temples and homes may have been built as a ceremonial site, a military stronghold, or a retreat for ruling elites—its dramatic location is certainly well suited for any of those purposes. The ruins lie on a high ridge, surrounded on three sides by the windy, turbulent Urubamba River some 2,000 feet (610 meters) below.
Machu Picchu was built in the classical Inca style, with polished dry-stone walls. Its three primary structures are the Inti Watana, the Temple of the Sun, and the Room of the Three Windows, of which your tour will visit all three – and plenty more!
You will have a full guided tour by your English speaking guide. After that you will have plenty of time on your own to explore and enjoy Machu Picchu, and discover the wonders of the ancient city yourself!
- 1 or 2 day train package to Machu Picchu
- Choose from Expedition or Vistadome Trains
- A scenic way to experience Machu Picchu
- Sunrise tour in Private Service
- Day 1 : Cusco/Sacred Valley train station – Aguas Calientes
- Day 2 : Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco/Sacred Valley
DAY 1.- CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up at early morning from your hotel to take you to the train station (time will be confirmed). It may be from Poroy station which is only 20 minutes away from Cusco or perhaps from Ollantaytambo which is 2 hours from Cusco, this is depending on the train company; either way the train drive is breathtaking with very comfortable seats. During the trip, you will enjoy the views of many glacier peaks, green lush valleys and many Inca farming terraces in both sites of the valley. Moreover, you will view from the train one of the many Inca ruins and the KM 82 where Inca classic trail begins. Little by little, you will enter to the jungle and Aguas Calientes (2000 meters high above sea level) where our representative will pick you up and take you to the hotel, then you will have free afternoon where you can organize some activities such as visit to the hot springs, Mandor Gardes or waterfalls. Lunch and dinner will be at the restaurant.
DAY 2.- AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO.
After early breakfast at hotel you will take bus to the ruins which only takes 30 minutes and departs every 10 minutes. Or if you don’t want to take the bus but preferred to hike along the Inca trail just let your guide know so that he can show you the Inca trail to Machu Picchu which takes about 1h 20 minutes approximately.
In Machu Picchu you will meet you group where you will have 2 hours guided tour then will have extra time to explore the ruins or by yourself. If on the other hand you want to see Huaynapicchu you can climb or you can go to the most famous spot of Machu Picchu. The sun gate is 1 hour climb or if you simply want to get postcard pictures of the ruins, by all means do so. We encourage all the travelers to make the most of their time in this place. There are options that you can take to Aguas Calientes either by bus or carry on with your walking through those famous Inca steps.
The usual departure time is in the afternoon to Ollantaytambo by bus to your hotel in Cusco.
To climb to the sun gate you don’t need to get any ticket, it’s for every one because the trail is not as steep as Huaynapicchu, the view is of course as beautiful as the other one which takes you 1 hour.
The other options would be to walk up to the Inca Bridge where you can get panoramic view of Machu Picchu ruins which takes you 45 minutes. This place was built by the Incas in on of the most difficult places and mountains which connects with other Inca ruins such as Vilcabamba, and llactapata.
This tours needs to be booked in advance due to the train ticket is limited. Enjoy your stay with us and thank you for choosing Puma Path!
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Bus transportation to the train station.
- Train ride to Aguas Calientes.
- Pick up from Aguas aclientes train station and take you to the hotel
- Free afternoon to visit to the hot spring or walk to the flower garden.
- Accommodation in the hotel
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Bus ticket from Aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to MachuPicchu.
- English speaking tour guide for the tour.
- Free extra time to climb to huaynapicchu Mountain.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas calientes.
- Return train ticket to Ollantaytambo then by bus to Cusco and to your hotel.
- Meals which can be organized at the restaurant.
- Extra expenses such as the tip for the guide.
- Entrance fee to the hot springs.
- Small day pack.
- Original Passport and student card if it is valid.
- Good camera.
- One Jacket.
- Sun hat.
- Sun’s cream.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Machu Picchu area is humid and hot.
- Extra money for some extra snacks.
- We would recommended you to take pack lunch to Machu Picchu.
- If you are visiting in the wet season take plastic poncho and rain gear.
- Take enough drinking water and an electrolyte since in Machu Picchu is very expensive.
- You are allowed to take water bottle and snacks into MachuPicchu ruins.
- Day pack should not be larger than 25lt, as they do not allowed big bags in the park.
MINIMUM PEOPLE REQUIRED 2 :
- Machu Picchu Overnight tour with Hotel Waman *** $385.00
- Machu Picchu Overnight tour with hotel La Cabana *** $ 395
- If you have one other especific please let us know.
Studen discount with isic student card $ 15