Dear Friends, Travellers and Clients,
Thank you very much for choosing us! The Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs from your country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:
Travel in Peru: PumaPath Adventures Perù operates in regions where standards of accommodations, transportation and services might not be those you would normally expect back home. However, we strive, with all care and skill, to provide the best service for our clients. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and an understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control. (Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours, you agree to allow PumaPath Adventures Perù to make necessary changes without liability.
This is any event that PumaPath Adventures Perù cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, strike, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, PumaPath Adventures Perù will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
Incremental charge in case of protests or strikes (Force Majeure)
In the event of a protest or strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, it may be necessary to leave a day or even two days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case, an additional fee will be charged to cover costs incurred.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, Vilcabamba trek and more) you assume the risks associated with them. For these treks, PumaPath Adventures Perù accepts no responsibility.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses (including rescue and air ambulance) and emergency repatriation. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. You can use a travel insurance comparison website to search and compare over 250 travel insurance plans to find the best policy to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased travel insurance, please forward a copy of the insurance company name and policy number by email or bringing the information when you come to our office.
HOLIDAY OR ELECTION INCREMENTS:
An extra charge of $35 USD per person is applicable for all treks (regardless of group / private option / size of group) starting on any of the following dates:
- Christmas (Dec 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th)
- New Year (Dec 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st).
An extra charge is also applicable, if a trek leaves during election days (people are fined in Peru if they do not vote).
We use the extra charge to pay staff a bonus for working during holidays or to pay fines for not voting.
SENDING YOUR PRIMARY DEPARTURE DATE AND BACKUP DATE:
By providing us with a primary date and a back-up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc), you automatically authorize PumaPath Adventures Perù to use either of these dates for your reservation. After, we have received your booking form and have confirmed that your deposit was made successfully. PumaPath Adventures Perù will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek. You should receive this electronic receipt within 48 hours.
SENDING US YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS FOR BOOKING:
Your passport number and other personal information must be valid. Please, advise us immediately if your passport number changes after booking your tour. This is especially important for booking the Classic Inca Trail. If we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek.
STUDENT RATE: : In order to obtain this discount, you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important, you scan and e-mail us your card at the time of booking. It must be valid on the date you are due to do the trek. You will also have to show your card for the Inca Trail/Alternative trek. You will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival in Cusco and in Machu Picchu.
MAKING A RESERVATION AND PAYMENT OF YOUR DEPOSIT:
1. In order to make a reservation for a Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service with PumaPath Adventures Perù, the client is required to make a 50% (or a minimum of $250 USD in the case that 50% of the total trip cost is less than $250 USD) deposit of the full price of Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. In case of a custom tour that includes multiple airflights, this amount may be higher, as airline tickets must be paid in full on booking. This deposit is non-refundable. Upon making a reservation, regardless of reservation method, PumaPath Adventures Perù assumes that the client has read the Terms and Conditions.
2. The reservation order becomes final on the date that PumaPath Adventures Perù receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and PumaPath Adventures Perù.
3. All people named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with PumaPath Adventures Perù. The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these people are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of PumaPath Adventures Perù.
We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth, and a photocopy of your passport) at the point of making the reservation.
Payment of the deposit can be made via any of the following options:
- Visa or MasterCard credit card (remaining balance can also be paid by this method).
- Bank transfer.
- Western Union (remaining balance can also be paid by this method).
- Bank or personal check, drawn on a US Bank Account.
PAYMENT OF FINAL BALANCE:
The remaining balance (i.e. total balance minus the deposit paid) of the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service must be paid the day you begin your Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service.
Payment of the final balance can be made via either of the following options:
- Visa (transaction fees incurred by traveler.)
- PayPal (transaction fees incurred by traveler.)
CANCELLATIONS FOR DEALS
No cancellations once booking has been made and confirmed.
- Airline, rail and ferry tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and name changes are not allowed.
- We are not responsible for the impact that an airline schedule change may have on your vacation. Therefore, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
- Seat selection functionality in travel agency systems is restricted by airlines. We will attempt, but cannot guarantee, adjoining seats. Some airlines only allow seat selection upon check-in.
CANCELLATIONS FOR TREKS AND TOURS:
Your 50% deposit is non-refundable. Any Inca Trail tours cancelled at any time are non-refundable due to the high demand and price of permits. If the cancellation applies, it will be without payment fees.
(2) PumaPath Adventures Perù must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail, so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once the final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations (last minute cancellations in Cusco). However, there will be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
(4) A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
(5) Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
CHANGES MADE BY CLIENT:
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. A $35 USD change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, AND DATES CAN’T BE CHANGED.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY PumaPath Adventures Perù:
We always make our best efforts to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with PumaPath Adventures Perù, the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service due to predominant conditions (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
PumaPath Adventures Perù reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute for reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regards to accepting the change.
VERY IMPORTANT (1):
We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet – in Cusco or another high altitude area) for a minimum of 3 to 4 days before undertaking your trek. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. Also, you can help your body acclimatize by drinking plenty of liquids, adding a bit more sugar to your drinks, eating food rich in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol, and drinking coca (ancient traditional leaf) tea. Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about purchasing any medications before traveling.
VERY IMPORTANT (2):
We recommend you arrive in Cusco, 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally, we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
ABOUT THE BRIEFING:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing). A duffel bag will be provided at this time, if you have paid for an extra porter for your Inca Trail or if you are doing an alternative trek.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
PumaPath Adventures Perù Team
Enjoy all the different services that we provide. Make sure to use caution and most importantly, have fun!